Saturday, November 6, 2010

My Stay with the CCI Puppy Sitter

Well, I only had 5 days to get settled in with mom and dad, when dad had to go to some place called Sweden on something called a business trip and mom said she had to go along.  They said that required me to go live with someone new called a puppy sitter.  Mom promised me that she would be specially trained for my needs and would take good care of me, but I was pretty worried about who would take care of mom and dad.  On Monday evening and lovely lady name Kirsten showed up at mom's work place to gather me and my belongings.  Mom gave me all kinds of hugs and kisses, told me to be a good girl, said she would miss me and for me not to forget her.  She packed lots of toys, food and things with her smells for me.  I know I saw a couple of tears in her eyes, but I was brave and just licked her hands and said "don't worry mom - I'll be OK, have a good time and I'll see you in 6 days." 
 
After a couple of days with Kirsten, I decided to put mom and dad's fears about how things were going with us to rest - so I sent her this email below.  Mom said it made her so happy to know that I was doing well and she relaxed know I was getting along well.
 
Hey guys!
I just went on a walk downtown. It was fun, but EVERYTHING there smells so weird. I waited until I saw the grass to hurry, and got a pretty decent pile. I'm a good girl! This keyboard is interesting. I just climbed up on it and erased everything this girl wrote. She had to put me in my crate so she could start over. Her hair tastes great. I will chew at it any chance I get. Same goes for the heels of her jeans. They taste like denim, and who doesn't love the taste of denim?
I miss you guys. I can certainly tell you're not around. Because I miss you so much, I am going to try to email you as much as I can. There sure are a lot of flashing cameras around here. Am I a famous dog or something? It feels like paparazzi. There are some pictures attached. You can't go wrong with these. 
Kirsten cuddles me a lot, I think she had a rough day. Tonight her phone rang and something made her cry. It sounds like her family just lost a young, close friend in a very sad way. What if I had not been here when that happened? She would be alone and sad. I'm so glad I could be of help, it felt good. I think I want to help people when I grow up...there's an idea!
Time to eat, and help Kirsten with laundry. She has absolutely nothing to wear.
Love, 
Balsa
 
I was so glad when mom and dad came home - I showered mom with kisses all over her face.  Mom was worried that I had forgotten her, but I didn't.  And she couldn't believe how much I bigger I had gotten while she was gone.  I am so glad they're home.  I liked Kirsten, but I like being home better, and I like going to work with mom much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment