Wednesday, February 1, 2012

COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS !!

Last Saturday mom and dad took me into the vet for my BIG final checkup, (the one from nose to tail).  All the girls at the vet's office gave me big hugs and said they were going to miss seeing me each month.  The first thing was my weigh in, I have lost 2 1/2 lbs this month, ( I am down to 75.3 lbs. - the diet is working !!).  I have never had so many places checked, prodded, poked, looked at, rubbed over and lights shined on before in my whole life.  But the vet said my teeth looked good, my ears, heart, eyes, lungs, EVERYTHING was very good.  He said that I was one of his best patients he every had and he was going to miss me.  He signed off on all the papers for mom and dad and wished me good luck on my next journey.  The girls all gave me more hugs out in the office and told me I was such a "sweetie".  This Saturday will be my last puppy class before we leave for Oceanside, California next week.  Every couple of days, mom keeps telling me to remember the 4 most important rules:
1.)  Always remember my commands - they are so important for the rest of my life
2.)  Always remember my manners - people don't like ill mannered doggies
3.)  Always remember I have a very important mission ahead as a CCI dog for someone special - I was born for this important mission
4.)  Always remember that she will always love me no matter what, and she will always be my mom - she always gets teary eyed and starts to cry when she tells me this rule, and it makes me a little sad to see her start to cry.

Well - only 13 more days till we hit the road and start out for California.  I will try to post some photos of our trip and let you know what the college looks like before mom and dad have to say their goodbyes at the dorm rooms.  I know mom's gonna' have a rough time, but I'll sneak in a couple of good licks to cheer her up, and then she'll say what she always says  "don't lick !!"...  and dad will laugh.

Until next post, don't lick and keep your tails wagging high and proudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment