Tuesday, February 14, 2012

California Here I Come (sing it to "Leaving on a Jet Plane"

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go.  I'm standing here beside the door. The dawn is breaking, it's early morn. Dad's in the car, he's honking the horn.  Already mom's so lonesome, she could cry.  So kiss me quick and smile for me, tell me that your proud of me.  Tell me that I'll pass the class with ease.  Oh mom - I hate to leave.            There's so many times, I let you down, so many times I played around.  I tell you now - I was just being a goofy pup.  Every place I go, I'll think of you.  Every face I see, I'll see you.  Every ball I catch, I'll think of you and dad.   So pat me on the head and tell me that your proud of me.  Tell me that you'll remember me.  Tell me that our bond won't ever break.  Cause I'm leaving for CCI, going off to help someone.  Going out to show them I can pull the wheelchair.      Now the time has come to leave you.  One more time, let me kiss you.  Then close your eyes and I'll be on my way.  Dream about the days to come, when I wear the blue cape.  About the days that I will help someone.                  So kiss me and smile for me, tell  me that your proud of me.  Tell that you won't forget me.  Tell me that our bond won't ever break.  Cause I'm leaving for CCI, and I won't ever be back again.  Oh mom, I have to go.

(our apologies to John Denver for the liberties we took with his song)

No comments:

Post a Comment