Tuesday, February 1, 2011

ONE MORE YEAR TO GO !!

 This morning mom looked at the calendar and then softly started crying a few tears.  At first I didn't understand why she was sad, but then she told me that in exactly one year I would be leaving for Puppy College!!  She said that she's worried that she won't be able to teach all of the commands that I will need to learn in time, to graduate from college.  One of the guys at work said that I am a smart dog and that I have been learning so quickly - not to worry too much.  Mom laughed and said "yea, but you haven't seen her on those days that she has puppy mush for brains".  Those days, I just love to look at mom like "you want me to do WHAT?"   It so totally frustrates her and I get a big laugh, because I really know the command
.
Here is what I have learned (or I am learning) so far:
sit  /   down  /   kennel  /  let's go  (which means to walk)  /   don't   /  stay  /  shake / wait /  drop /  my name  /  dress  (which means to put on my gentle leader and cape)  /  here (which means to come)  /  hurry (which means to potty) / release (which means the last series of commands is over) /  car (which means to get into the car) / wait (which means when we come to a doorway or street corner I sit patiently until the handler has entered the doorway or given me another command) / cuddle (which means to lay down and roll over, so the handler can rub my tummy and also examine my ears, teeth, feet, etc.)
So - ONE MORE YEAR TO GO, then it's off to 6 months of puppy college.  Then as mom says "I have a very important mission to make some very lucky person's life more mobile and independent. 

Today mom has been more giving with the treats, and when I stood next to her office chair on my back legs and laid my head on her shoulder and looked in her eyes - she teared up again and said "I'm sure going to miss you Balsa, I love you."  So, I gave you a little kiss on the chin to let her know that I loved her too and I would always remember her no matter where I go to live.  Tomorrow we will be back to our usual routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment