Friday, October 29, 2010

MY DAD - PAXTON

My dad is Paxton, (actually Paxton III - there was other Paxton's in the same litter, but they just call him Paxton), and when my mom and dad were told by the by the local CCI chapter that they were getting a Paxton puppy, (at a local chapter meeting on September 29th), the whole place yelled and jumped for joy. Seems that my dad is quite a prized CCI sire. There's a yahoo group devoted to my dad and his offspring, and you can't join unless you have one of his puppies. My mom is part of this group, so she get photos of my parents, grandparents, siblings, cousins, etc. And she gets to posts photos of me so they can watch my progress also. Mom even got a copy of my genealogy chart. I'm glad I only have one name - some of my ancestors had 5 and 6 names, (whew). Mom thinks it's much easier to just say Balsa, DON'T. Dad says that I'm going to grow up thinking that's my name.

I have two half-sisters who are part of the local CCI chapter. One is already a CCI graduate, and she helps a very nice lady who is in a wheelchair with a spinal cord injury, the other is almost ready to leave her puppy raiser and go to advanced training in Santa Rosa, CA. I also have a nephew that I will be meeting next month when I start my puppy kindergarten classes. (I have so many things to learn in the next 14 months!! - I have to go to class EVERY week and do homework !!).

So far my dad has sired 202 puppies, (they even do DNA testing to make sure that we are his puppies), and 63 have been placed in service. He was born in 2007, and only a handful of CCI dogs are kept "in tact" for breeding purposes. So, he was a pretty special dog right from the start. On the top left side is a photo of my dad that was taken this summer. He's quite a beauty. Mom and everyone else thinks that I will be a big girl like him. Mom says if I'm a big girl, with my mild disposition I would be a wonderful wheelchair dog for a disabled child. I love kids, and if I could help some a kid someday - that would be the greatest thing ever.

Here is a photo of my dad when he was a little puppy with his dad. My dad's not much bigger than I am in this photo. But now, he's a lot bigger than grandpa.
Right now my favorite things to do are: eat, cuddle with my mom, rough house with Rowdy, (mom says Rowdy is a very good baby sitter), collect rocks and sticks on my walks, eat, sleep on my mom's feet at her office, tear the leaves off the plants in mom's office, eat, go for walks around the neighborhood, hunt for the cat in our house, (I know there's one here somewhere and I will find it), eat, and at night snuggle with mom some more, ( I hope she can still pick me up and hold me in her arms when I grow up).

No comments:

Post a Comment