Friday, September 2, 2011

THE LETTER CAME !!



Mom and dad got my matriculation letter !!  I go back to CCI in California for my advanced training, (aka - puppy college), on Friday, February 17th.  Mom had a few tears, dad gave her a hug and said it would be OK.  Mom had a long heart to heart talk with me and told me that I only have 5 1/2 months to get my act "together" and that we have to start acting like we know what we're doing, or I'm going to flunk out of college real fast.  She reminded me that I need a college education to make it in the real world.  My trainer reminder her that there were other options for me, (like; search and rescue / companion training / hearing training / facility training / drug sniffing).  The trainer said there's nothing wrong with being a "change of career" dog.  But mom said not to listen to them.  I need to do my best and graduate as a CCI service dog.  So - I guess I need to buckle down and try a little harder.  No more lease pulling, no more picking up objects when we go for walks, less distractions and more focus.  Boy it's gonna' be tough, but I think I can do it.  Keeping my paw pads crossed.  Until next post, keep those tails poised high.

1 comment:

  1. Mom and Dad have done such a good job with you! They should be very proud! :)

    ReplyDelete